Monday, September 28, 2009

Another day another set of "lasts"

Today has been very difficult for me. Today is the last day of Avery being 2, tomorrow we will move into big bad 3 year old status and I'm not liking that at all! It seems like just yesterday we were dealing with the fact that Ricky and I might not ever have our own biological child and here we are now having to deal with a whole new set of challanges revolving around our miracle being 3!
Avery continues to amaze me with things she does. Her speech continues to improve daily. Today marks another "last" for our family. Today was the last time Lee (our beloved speech therapist from ECI) came to the house and met with Avery. They have a love hate relationship and always kept each other on their toes but you can tell Avery really loves Lee and I think when it really sinks in that Lee isn't coming back to our house it is going to be a very sad day. Avery walked Lee out to her car once again today, then showed her gymnastics in the front yard but today was the last day for that. Wedensday she will start at "big school" with a whole new set of challanges and experiences to be had. It's bitter sweet for me because while I continue to enjoy all the new experiences I feel like my baby is slowing slipping away and becoming a big girl right before my eyes.
I made Avery promise me she will always be my baby, and she even said she would put it in writting so I could always have it.
No doubt tomorrow will be an exciting day, but a sad one at the same time (at least for mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment