Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"I forgot my baby sister"

Avery and her baby sister.
Today was actually a pretty mellow day. No doctor's appts, no speech or gymnastics just a nice relaxing day. Avery's grandpa gave her money to go out to eat and lucky she didn't pick Sonic! We went to eat and of course "baby sister" had to go with us. We were getting ready to leave, all at the car when Avery realized she didn't have baby sister!


Here speech is really starting to improve but it still amazes me that she has actual converstations. She was upset because she forgot baby sister. So she pleads with her daddy to go and get her. (I had already picked her up and she was in the front seat.) He was busy so she then started to cry that she left her baby sister. When I told her I wasn't going to take her back in to get baby sister the following conversation took place:


Me: We are not going back in for baby sister. Turn and sit in your seat so we can go.


Avery: (starting to cry) That makes me sad.


Me: I already picked her up and she is in the front seat. Now please turn around and sit so we can go home.


Avery: You already got my baby sister.


Me: Yes, now sit.


Avery: (finally turning to sit and buckle) That makes me happy, I not sad any more.


Me: I'm glad you're not sad any more.


The most amazing part....I could actually understand what she was saying! This is a huge step!

No comments:

Post a Comment